Me!

Me!
Another Nice Carp

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Whiteacres Holidays 24/09/11

Best week of the year is my annual fishing holliday with the lads which is all about fishing, beer and laughter. There was six of us - four from our club Jeff Taylor (big nose), Chris Naylor (fat lad), Shaun barbel bashing Buckley and myself. Then there was Keith Stockley (Herman the German) and Dave Courns (big dick) who work with Jeff, Chris & Shaun. Cracking lads all of them.
We met on Saturday morning at Jeff's house at 4am and soon had the van loaded up with all our gear. Three of us went in the van (me Jeff and Keith) with the other lads travelling down in Shaun's car. It took us over six hours to get down there with a couple of stops thrown in but the time soon passed with us chatting about the week ahead. we got there about 10:30am and first job is to get our weekly fishing permits and book our match which was the residents match on the Thursday.
Three of us then went fishing (me Jeff and Keith) with the other lads sorting out the caravans, going into Newquay, then going on the piss!!!
We opted for Trellwany. The best pegs had already gone but we settled down on pegs 17, 18 and 19. I was on 19. I could reach the island in front of me at about 12 metres but it was very shallow and could not find an even depth so came in a couple of metres into deeper water.
Peg 19 Trellwany
Caught from the off on the deck mainly barbel up to 1lb or so with the odd carp thrown in all on expander. tried down the side but apart from bits no joy.
Day 2 Peg 16 Acorn
I'd only ever walked round this lake before but most pegs looked "fishy". All six of us fished today with five of us in a line and Keith chosing to fish a few pegs away. I was on peg 16 and set up the method feeder, a margin rig and two rigs at 13 metres one up and one on the deck.
Peg 16 Acorn
Fed all the lines and straight away saw puffs of silt in the margins. So in I went after them and asside from one carp and liners I struggled (should have left it until later). Mind you I wasn't the only one struggling as Shaun was so rough from the night before he couldn't set himself up proper! I went out to 13 metres and the bottom was like a jacuzzi. I was getting silvers but no carp so went up in the water and started getting a run of carp on banded pellet. I then switched to feeding micros in the margins and this I feel made the difference as the rest of the session I caught plenty of carp in the margins. Had a cracking day and look forward to fishing this lake again sometime.
Acorn Lake, Whiteacres

Shaun with a carp from Acorn
 Day 3 Python Pool Peg 15
Python Lake, Whiteacres
Hadn't fished this lake for about 10 years. Infact the last time we fished it Keith Arthur himself was walking by and stopped for a chat. We all fished in a line in the wides and I was on peg 15.  Now theres loads of F1's in this lake so I put all my eggs in one basket and just fished up in the water. I caught steady without being spectacular for the first couple of hours. I then scaled down to a 18's PR36 and 0.12 line and caught much quicker on both banded pellet and expander pellet. Had well over 100lbs at the end of the session and I had made my mind up were to go in the residents match on Thursday.
Day 4 Eerie Peg 5
Started off with the waggler on banded pellet for a change and in the first hour caught 3 and lost three, one of them being a right lump.

No comments:

Post a Comment