Me!

Me!
Another Nice Carp

Sunday 30 October 2011

Fan Lodge 18/09/11

Last match of the season for the Trevalyon Anglers and what a terrible turn out it was too. Only five of us Me, my dad Eric, Chris, Shaun and Jeff out of twenty anglers. It was the worst turnout I have ever been invoved with in twenty years with the club.
  We decided on a rover and I drew number 2 so elected to pick the first peg on the match stretch. Jeff who fishes Fan Lodge quite often walked past and said "you'll catch nowt Gaz off this peg" and explained I should have gone for a more open peg. I must admit I thought Jeff would be wrong as I had a lovely looking peg with a nice bay in front of me and sunken branches to my right.

Fan Lodge Peg 1

  I set up an up in the water pellet rig at 13 metres, a on the deck pellet rig at 13 metres, a margin rig and the method feeder for the other side of the bay.
On the all in I started at 13 metres on the deck and to say it was slow was a understatement. I tried up in the water, the method feeder and finally down the side. Nothing! I was beginning to wish I was one of the missing lads when finally after two hours my float shot under. Yes!!! No!!! it was a two ounce skimmer which turned out to be a lonely skimmer as it was the only fish I could catch in five hours of fishing. It was good enough to be fourth on the day as Shaun didn't get a fish.
Jeff romped home with about 30lbs of carp and bream. 2nd was Chris who had two carp for 8lb. Dad was third with one skimmer of about 8oz.

Jeff with a cracking net from Fan Lodge
So thats it for Trevalyon Anglers 2011. Its the first year I have never won a match but came close a few times. Well done to Big Dave Brown for winning the overall title. Next year he can only fish three hours to our five!

Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment