Me!

Me!
Another Nice Carp

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Herenbrook Fisheries - Bridge Pool 07/08/11

We had heard some good things about Herenbrook so was looking forward to this, we (dad and I ) set out about 6:30am as its the furthest away of all our matches. We got there about 7:50am and most of the lads were allready there scoffing bacon butties. In all there was 21 of us including visitors) so it was the best attendance this year.
  Now good weights come out of this lake but us being the Trevalyon Anglers we can flatten any water and coupled with a cold Northerly wind I was aiming for 30lbs+ to get in the frame. I drew permanent peg 1(a good peg) and had dad for company on peg 2. Dad also had drawn the golden peg so was happy.
Bridge Pool, Herenbrook Fisheries
Now because I didn't know much about the lake I was going with my favourite caster attack, with corn and meat down the margins. On the all in I started off down the side for the first fifteen minutes but only had one quick bite. I then went on the caster and started to get small roach. I kept with it as I was putting something in the net and no one else who I could see was catching much. After an hour I hooked something much bigger. It had me all over the place and was either the biggest fish in the lake or foul hooked. After fifteen minutes I did something you shouldn't do and that was grabbing hold of the white hydro elastic and pulled it in. It was a carp of about six pounds hooked in the tail and I was amazed the 18's hook held.
After this the match was pretty much a non event as the size of the roach didn't improve. I got a few small F1s down the side on meat but was glad to hear the all out. Dad had got the golden peg curse cos he got 4 small carp in first four chucks across with the feeder then that was it. The highlight was a couple of pegs further down when Gaz Melling lost his top four sections to the island across and stripped down to his duds for a swim! Nice one Gaz.
Gaz (Mark Spitz) Melling
At the weigh in Jonny Mawdsley had easily won with 63lbs. Well done pal with Lee Gerrard 2nd with 36lbs and Alf Beckett 3rd with with 30lbs. This match was my biggest disappointment this year, I should have done miles better on a good peg and gone across with pellet at 14 and half metres and kept the casters in the bag. I didn't bother weighing in and had 10 to 12lbs. It was time to kick the dog when I got in!

Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment