Me!

Me!
Another Nice Carp

Monday 12 September 2011

Sycamore Fisheries 14/08/11

After last weeks match being the furthest away, this one was the closest, only a fifteen minute drive for me and things were going to be nice and simple for me. Pellets! My only decision being a hard pellet on the band or an expander on the hook.
I drew peg 15 and had an empty peg to my left and my mate Chris Naylor to my right. It looked ok my peg and I set myself a 20lb target which I thought would be there or there abouts. I set up two up in the water rigs, one for the expander and one on a hair rigged band. I also set a full depth rig at 11-13 metres. All were 16s hooks to 0.14 line. The carp in here average 1lb or so but there are bigger lumps. I should of set the method up as well to throw across to the island about 18 metres away but as I hardly fish the tip I left it in the holdall. I noticed Chris had set it up though and he's not bad on the tip.
I was ready in plenty of time for a change and me being a true Wiganer had a pie before the all in for my breakfast!
My Peg At Sycamore Fisheries
On the all in I shipped out to 11 metres and put half a pot of pellets in. I went straight over and.... nothing. After an hour I'd caught a roach and skimmer. I weren't breaking any records but then again as far as I could see nobody was. I decided to go up in the water on the banded pellet as I'd kept trickling pellets in and was rewarded with a small carp of about a pound. My interest picked up and so did another carp of about a pound. It didn't last of course and by the end of the match I had 10 small carp and a couple of chublets, along with my skimmer and roach for 11lb 7oz which turned out to be good enough for third.
Sharpy (Dave Walton) won with just over 20lbs on dead maggot from across the lake and Jeff Taylor bounced back to form with 15lbs on the method for second.
Must mention that our only junior angler, young Dave Brown, son of big Dave Brown got his first points in the club by finishing 4th. Well done lad it wont be too long before he's beating us all.

Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment